Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Rainshowers

Ahhh, the pattering of the rain today against the thick bumpy glass of my cottage, a sorry sight to see after such a sunny week, the coldness that seemed to seep through under my wooden door, as I brush against the cold stone floor in my striped navy blue and cerulean blue wool socks.
I shiver my way to the fire place to throw on some more wood and to start the water for my tea and to cook the porridge. The steam coming off the fire warming me up, I got to my senses and then realized it was a Monday, ahh Mondays, a new day of the week, and also a day full of classes with the elders. Ohh why can't I have just one day to wander and listen to the new spring hatched robins instead of sitting stiffly through a lecture by Beleg about the shortcomings of the human folk.
I just wanted the freedom to have my own day, but I looked up at my clock and it was already 7 o'clock, I must rush and make this porridege and tea. Lifting the steaming pot of porridge off the fire, filled with thick oats and the last of my dried apples. I quickly poured some almond milk atop it to cool it off, and swiftly with my other free hand poured the steaming water into my mug of mint leaves. I quickly ate the porridge and steadly sipped my mint tea, and now to get dressed and off to classes.
I went through my drawers and found my simple woolen slip and over it threw a dress of dark mossen green wool to keep myself warm and tied up my worn boots, and placed my light spring cloak of red around myself. I must hurry if I am to make ti on time ot class.

No comments:

Post a Comment